James Peacock provides an array of specialist services in the residential sector.
Selling a Residential Property
James Peacock recognises that there’s much more to selling a property than recommending an asking price and marketing it to buyers. From advising on how best to present your property for viewings, negotiating the sale, to liaising with solicitors, our friendly team will be with you every step of the way and do not cut any corners.
OUR PROPERTY EXPERTS:
- Take time to understand your sale so we can help identify any potential issues from the start
- Research and understand the market in which your property will be sold and recommend a marketing price that will be tailored to your individual needs
- Share our research with you and demonstrate how we have reached the guide price
- Advise on how to present your property so that it stands out in the market and how this can deliver viewings
- Screen and pre qualify potential buyers
- Arrange viewings at times to suit you and the prospective buyer
- Accompany buyers so that instant feedback can be gained
- Negotiate and secure the best offer from a quality buyer From offer to completion, help and advise you at every step of the sale process ensuring any problems are quickly and effectively solved.
Marketing Your Property
Great properties need great buyers and James Peacock leave no stone unturned to appeal to the best through working with you to ensure your property looks fabulous.
Professional photography is crucial in today’s high tech world and it is essential that images of your property exude quality as a picture tells a thousand words.
With nearly 90% of the UK population using the internet as their preferred method of searching for property, James Peacock will advertise properties on leading property portals and target local and regional press coverage through PR.
Three decades of experience has told us the importance of making a great first impression. Preparing your property so that it is clean and clear of clutter will help make sure that the property exceeds the buyer’s expectations.
It is beneficial to know the fabric running costs of the property prior to viewings, utility bills, council tax, any guarantees or building regulations will benefit the potential buyer.
Checklist to Selling Your Property
- Instruct a solicitor at the start of the sales process
- Mortgage paperwork and property deeds
- Guarantees for items including electrics, gas, underpinning, damp proof etc.
- Boundary Plans
- Building Regulation sign off for any work completed
- Planning Permissions
MARKETING YOUR PROPERTY
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Prepare your property by making sure it is clean, tidy and clutter free
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION FOR LEASEHOLDS
- Lease for the property
- Documents confirming annual ground rents and charges
- Copies of the freehold or shareholder certificates(where applicable)
- Freeholders consent to work(where applicable)
Buying a residential property
Residential property transactions are the most significant any of us ever undertake. Whether buying a flat, house or waterfront property, James Peacock’s team of experienced agents will guide you through the process.
However many times you’ve done it before, buying a property can be surprisingly complex. From viewing properties and finding your next home, to finalising your mortgage and the completion of sale, our residential sales teams will be on hand to advise you every step of the way.
And, if you’re thinking of buying as an investment, we’ll be happy to guide you through renting your property safely and in line with all legal duties.