Whether you’re an established landlord with a large portfolio, or you’re starting on your property journey and want to avoid the pitfalls James Peacock Property are here to help you.
We’re experienced, knowledgeable and understand the rapidly changing legal landscape on renting property. We’ll begin with a conversation with you, to get to know what you’re looking for and how we can best add value to your property. Next we’ll conduct a valuation and we’ll take it from there, so you can sit back, relax and know you’re in safe hands.
- We have a 98.3% let rate
- 90% of our first time viewings result in a let property
- The current average term of tenancy in a house is 4/5 years, with apartments having a higher turnover
- Fewer than 1% of tenants have late payments
- We're members of the Property Redress Scheme
- We're members of Client Money Protect
A valuation is the first step to letting your property, if your property is priced too high or too low you may find yourself faced with long empty periods or not getting the rent your property deserves. Our property advisers understand the area they are based in, and the intricacies of seasonal demand, enabling them to give you honest impartial advice.
You will receive a personalised Valuation Report at the end of our visit, giving you the information you need to make an informed decision. We source price comparisons from many sources, looking at similar properties to yours, we meet our potential tenants and let you know about any we think would be suitable, we also invite you to meet our Property Management team and contact some of our current landlords.
We believe in building a relationship on trust and openness, so are as transparent as possible with new landlords about what to expect as a James Peacock landlord.
As well as discussing your potential rental income we will also discuss:
- Our fees
- Terms of business
- Legal requirements, including forthcoming changes to legislation
- Safety regulations
- HMO and landlord licensing issues / standards
- Any improvements that can help
- Types of tenants whom you would consider
- Furnished or Un-furnished? (Depending on the area and type of tenants that the property will mostly attract)
- Discuss which service you would prefer
Free Property Consultation
If you are thinking of renting your home out but don’t know where to start, James Peacock Property are here to help you.
At a free consultation we will discuss with you:
- The market value and rental potential
- What to expect
- How to avoid the pitfalls
- The legalities
- How can you maximise your investment?
Free Switch Service
Not only do we take care of the switch to our professional team, with clear communication throughout, we'll give you a preferential rate for the first six months to welcome you.
We will also offer
- free tenant renewals for the lifetime of the tenancy
- no deposit registration fees
- prioritise finding you a tenant if your property is empty, and we'll meet your existing tenants
- provide a welcome pack with checklists and up to date legislation
- 8% fees for six months
- extensive property inspection and risk assessment
The following benefits are part of our every day commitment that ensure landlords are properly remunerated, and abide with all rapidly changing laws.
- Bank transfer within two days of rent payment
- Discount for multiple properties
- Weekly property check for empty properties
- Membership of Property Redress Scheme and Client Money Protect
- Professional inventories, check out reports and photographs
- All viewings and tenant liaison
- In-house property maintenance team (additional costs apply)
- Emergency helpline for tenants
- Bi-annual property inspections
- Property management advice
- Excellent customer service
- Annual investment review
- Tax return assistance (additional fees apply)
We’re active and knowledgeable leaders in our field. We’re constantly striving for professional progress in the industry, and confidently pass our knowledge to the landlords who choose to let through us, so that they operate safely and legally protecting their investment for the best return.
We’re signed up to the landlord redress scheme PRS, and will work with you through to resolve any issues.
We’ve done our homework, and know that we’re the most competitive property agency in the area. The reason we can do this, without lowering standards is that we don’t have the significant overheads of a shop front, although we are on the high street, and you can visit for a coffee anytime.
We also benefit from our own highly experienced property maintenance team, so remedial works can be done quickly and efficiently, keeping tenants and properties happy, dry, safe and warm.
Details of our fees are available at the bottom of this page.
Our property inspection process is vigorous and regular, without being intimidating to your tenants. We will conduct a detailed inventory before every let and then inspect every six months, with a further detailed checkout at the end of a tenancy.
We’re available 8am – 8pm and our emergency helpline is available 24/7 and we go the extra mile to ensure that tenants are well supported should anything go wrong.
We do everything we can to ensure that tenants have undergone all the relevant checks and are a good match for the property, but we’re dealing with real people and occasionally things go wrong, but don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Identifying problems before it is too late
We’re here to take away the worry, and do what we can to maintain a happy, healthy landlord/tenant relationship.
We build a relationship with every tenant, which helps us to spot when things may be deteriorating.
By monitoring tenant payments closely, we quickly identify if there is a problem and avoid arrears. If a tenant is struggling, we will work with them to bring them up to date.
As experts in property we can advise you through the whole legal process should the tenant choose not to pay.
|Landlord Fees||Fully Managed||Rent Collection||Tenant Find Only|
|Set up Cost||£325 + VAT||£325 + VAT||1 months rent + VAT|
|Monthly Management fee %||10% + VAT||6% + VAT||n/a|
|Inventory Fees||Studio||1 Bed||2 Bed||3 Bed||4 Bed +|
|£99 + VAT (£118.80)||£110 + VAT|
|£125 + VAT|
|£135 + VAT|
|£150 + VAT
|Additional Landlord Fees|
|Renewal of fixed term||£85 + VAT (£102)|
|Renewal - periodic||No charge|
|Checkout and Full Report||£65 + VAT (£78)|
|Deposit Registration Fee||£25 + VAT (£30)|
|Gas Check||£80 + VAT (£96)|
|Elec Installation check||£160 + VAT (£192)|
|Combined Gas/Elec||£200 + VAT (£240)|
|PAT Test||£80 + VAT (£96)|
|EPC||£75 + VAT (£90)|
|Withdrawal Fee – pre ref||£60 + VAT (£72)|
|Withdrawal Fee – post ref||£100 + VAT (£120)|
|Extra Routine Visits||£50 + VAT (£60)|
|Court Attendance||£75 per hour (+ VAT)|
|Pre let Clean (1st tenancy)||£70 + VAT (£84)|